Couple Rescued As Police Demolish Three Shrines In Ikorodu

Political talks and discussions.
Anita01

Couple Rescued As Police Demolish Three Shrines In Ikorodu

Post by Anita01 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:52 pm

The Acting Commissioner of Police of Lagos, Imohimi Edgal has led a team of his men and journalist on Tuesday to demolish three shrines in Agbowa area of Ikorodu, Lagos, leading to the rescue of a husband and his wife.

The three shrines demolished were reported to be the hiding place of ritualists, fraudsters who used the place for heinous purposes.

Speaking with a delegation of journalists on the demolition exercise, the Lagos Police Boss said the police received intelligence report about the illegality of the shrines operation and did not hesitate to act accordingly.

He said further, that the police had received the support of traditional rulers in Ikorodu to go ahead with the demolition of the shrines.

The owners of the illegal shrines were arrested and a couple were rescued on Tuesday night.

Edgal said: “We had the backing of all the traditional rulers in Ikorodu to demolish individually owned shrines that are used to perpetrate crime. Some of those shrines are used for ritual purposes. Others were established by fraudsters with the intent to commit crimes.

“So, these three we have demolished were identified through police and community partnership. We received information from members of the community and we carried out our own findings too.

“I can tell you that as of Tuesday night when we were still surveying the places, a husband and wife were rescued in one of the shrines. They fell victim to these criminals and they had been told they would be killed. They were very grateful when the police came to their aid.

“We have arrested an owner. I use this opportunity to appeal to the public to have confidence in the police. They should provide us with valuable information that would lead to the rounding up of all these criminals.

“I want to still assure them that under my watch, their confidentiality is guaranteed. No one would know information came from them. Just as we have gotten these ones, we will get all others and rid Lagos of such criminals.”

The Acting Police Commissioner said that most of the people who had been declared missing or fallen victim to operators of “one-chance” buses usually ended up at shrines in that axis, where they were fleeced or killed.

Social Media